Why did Ya’akov not trust Yosef’s word? Why did he also request an oath?
- Why doesn’t Rashi accept the commentaries explanation, that Yakov wanted an oath to preempt what Pharoh is going to say?
- What is the difference between an oath and a promise?
- What does it mean when Hashem takes an oath?
- Why did Yaakov want to be buried in Israel immediately? What’s wrong if he stays “temporarily” with the Yidden in Mitzraim through their golus? Isn’t that the right thing to do?
- Why is it ok for Yosef to stay in Mitzrayim with the Yidden during their Golus?
- Why did Yosef request that he be taken to Israel after the Golus (not like his father)?
- With whom did the Frierdiker Rebbe make a “bris” and taken an oath that they will go on mesirus nefesh “until the last drop of blood”?
- Why do Shluchim go on shlichus as a lifetime commitment?
- Is it enough to believe in Moshiach or you have to take an oath that you want him?
Based on Likutei Sichos Vol. 25 pages 270-274 and others