Why does everyone learn Pirkei Avos between Pesach and Shovuos and only “some” have the custom to learn them also in the summer months?
1. Why do we learn Pirkei Avos from Pesach to Shovuos?
2. Why only “some” have the custom to learn Pirkei Avos in the summer months?
3. Why does “everybody” learn Pirkei Avos from Pesach to Shovuos and only “some” learn it between Shovuos and Rosh Hashono?
4. Why do Lubavitchers say it until Rosh Hahsono? What is the history behind this?
5. There is no place in the world “Bartenura” – so why does everybody attribute that to Rabbi Ovadia (the famous commentary on the Mishna)?
6. Why are there six chapters in Pirkei Avos?
7. Why is the sixth chapter called “Braiso” (and not “Mishna” like the other five chapters)?
8. What is the connection between the last Mishna and Shovuos?
9. What is the connection between the last Mishna and Rosh Hashono?
10. Why does the last Mishna have two Psukim?
11. How is Pirkei Avos a preparation to Tkias Shofar?
Based on Biurim Lepirkei Avos in several places (farbrengen of Shabbos parshas Nizovim Vayelech 5736) and others